THE ROAD TO RECOVERY
YOUR GUIDE TO STAYING WITH US
“From Home to The Bay”
We can’t wait to welcome you back! We have created our own bespoke Woolacombe Bay Hotel roadmap for you to follow, from booking your stay with us, to leaving home, travelling to Woolacombe, and departure. We want you to have confidence in our high standards of cleanliness, service and hospitality whilst you are with us.
This roadmap is a checklist of sorts, for both you and us, which is not limited to - but a very good place to start.
First, please read the information below carefully, then complete the form below...
- We are contacting you now to ask you to complete some details about your stay, so that your arrival can be as smooth as possible and your stay as special as you'd expect. Please complete the form at the bottom of this page as soon as possible.
- We would specifically like to collect some information about how you will be travelling to the hotel; this includes:
- Make/model, colour and registration number of your vehicle
- Estimated time of arrival (we may need to stagger this at very busy times)
- We would advise that you find the best route possible for your journey to Woolacombe, one that allows you suitable comfort breaks with open spaces within a safe environment.
- Pack suitable soft drinks, water, food, hand sanitiser, wipes and disposable bags.
- Your room is guaranteed to be ready at 4pm.
- A member of our friendly arrivals team will welcome you from the hotel gates (see + below). Your room is guaranteed to be ready at 4pm.
- To allow appropriate social distancing, we ask that only one member of your party visits the reception desk to complete the check in process. We appreciate your patience and consideration - with your help we can ensure the reception area does not become overcrowded; we will get you checked in and ready to go as quickly as possible.
In your bedroom you will find a wristband for each your party; please ensure that these are worn throughout your stay in order to gain access through the hotel gates
- Our reception team will be at the end of the phone to answer any questions you may have during your stay by dialling ‘0’ from your bedroom telephone
- We kindly ask that, where possible, you refrain from visiting the reception
+ Our gates will remain shut at this time, exclusively allowing access to guests who are staying at the hotel. This includes all of our lawns and tennis courts (please note, the pathway to the beach will be closed, so we may preserve our private status)
- Please note we are unavailable to offer breakfast for your stay due to limited numbers. There are lots of lovely places available locally and we are happy to provide recommendations if required.
- A la carte dinners can be enjoyed in Doyle's Restaurant, along with our stunning sea views
- Our Bay Brasserie offers delicious lunches, light bites, scrumptious sweet treats and more - to be enjoyed on the extensive seating provided throughout our grounds, out and about, in your hotel bedroom, or in the restaurant. Please click here to view the menu and to read about the steps we are taking to help you, and our team, feel comfortable.
- We would highly recommend you reserve your preferred dining time in advance, via email or by phoning reception (01271 870388)
- Please note: dinner reservations may be made by calling 01271 870388 or requesting a table using the following links to request a table online:
Book Bay Brasserie
- Whilst seasonal ingredients may be limited, all of our food offerings will be fresh and to the same high-quality standards we are known for
- The availability of our well-loved facilities may vary throughout the upcoming months as government advice is updated
- Our sun worshipper’s paradise - The Bay Lido - is now open for spacious swimming from 8am - 8pm. As part of our Covid-19 safety measures, we ask that social distancing measures are respected at all times.
- Our indoor pool will be open from 25th July, exclusively for guests staying in the hotel and SALT gym members.
To help with distancing measures, the pool has separate lanes for splashing and swimming. Please arrive poolside robed and ready to go - no changing or shower facilities are currently available in the spa. All hotel bedrooms have robes available. Please note: The Alchemist Spa Thermal Spa facilities (steam, sauna and spa bath) are not currently available.
Our boutique gymnasia - SALT - is open from 27th July. Here you'll find a carefully curated selection of scientifically-proven equipment from both industry leaders and lesser-known trailblazers. Keiser, Versaclimber and Technogym all feature. SALT outdoors - 45 minute alfresco workouts - are also available (please not additional fees may apply and all sessions need to be booked by 7pm the day prior - see timetable). Our SALT Squad is also available for Personal Training sessions.
- At this time our pitch and putt course will remain closed until at least September to allow our guests to enjoy more of our extensive grounds at a safe distance from one another.
- Whilst we hope to open Neo Cinema in due course, we cannot guarantee these facilities at present.
A wide selection of spa treatments and experiences are available; you can view our latest treatment brochure here: Road to Recovery Spa Treatment Brochure.
We have created beautiful spa rituals and journeys for you to enjoy within the comfort of your hotel bedroom, you can find out more and order here: Self-care Hampers.
- Our tennis courts will be bookable as usual and exclusive to hotel guests.
- Unfortunately, we are unable to offer our usual children’s entertainment programme this year due to social distancing measures.
- The greatest playground of all - Woolacombe Beach - is just a short stroll from your beachside home, and is fully open with lifeguards on patrol. Time to rediscover the natural joys of rockpooling, swimming, sandcastling and foraging for shells perhaps? We can also recommend some great wild swimming spots.
- We recommend that you bring your own tennis rackets, bikes, skateboards and kites - we have amazing trails and tracks and we hope to inspire you with routes of varying distances to walk, run and cycle and soak up our brilliant sea and country air.
- Our housekeeping team have always worked tirelessly to ensure the hotel cleanliness is maintained to the exceptional standards our guests have come to expect, and we are acutely aware of the increased importance of this during these times
- To help protect both yourselves and our housekeepers, you room will be serviced daily while you are out, our dedicated team will also be on hand to provide fresh towels and toiletries as often as required
- Our outstanding standards of cleanliness are firmly in place, with enhanced measures along with hand sanitising stations throughout key points of the hotel, along with complimentary bottles within your private space
- Our lounges and walkways will have a dedicated team cleaning all push plates, handles, rails, tables, chairs at all times throughout your stay
Getting ready to leave...
- Our reception team will prepare your final bill on the morning of your departure, this will be delivered to your bedroom.
- If you have an queries regarding your bill, or would like to request help with your luggage, please dial ‘0’ to contact reception.
- We kindly ask that just one member of your party visits the reception area to pay your bill and drop off your key. Or, if you prefer, you are welcome to dial '0' and make a secure payment over the phone, before returning your key to reception.
Please complete this at least 48 hours before your stay...