THE ROAD TO RECOVERY
YOUR GUIDE TO STAYING WITH US
“From Home to The Bay”
We can’t wait to welcome you! We have created our own bespoke Woolacombe Bay Hotel roadmap for you to follow, from getting ready to stay, to leaving home, travelling to Woolacombe, and departure. We want you to have confidence in our high standards of cleanliness, service and hospitality whilst you are with us.
This roadmap is a checklist of sorts, for both you and us, which is not limited to - but a very good place to start.
First, please read the information below carefully, then complete the form below...
- We are contacting you now to ask you to complete some details about your stay, so that your arrival can be as smooth as possible and your stay as special as you'd expect. Please complete the form at the bottom of this page as soon as possible.
- We would specifically like to collect some information about how you will be travelling to the hotel; this includes:
- Make/model, colour and registration number of your vehicle
- Estimated time of arrival (we may need to stagger this at very busy times)
- We would also like some information about your preferred breakfast arrangements.
- Please pack your favourite re-usable face mask. This will need to be worn in public spaces such as corridors and lounges, and when moving around the hotel.
- We would advise that you find the best route possible for your journey to Woolacombe, one that allows you suitable comfort breaks with open spaces within a safe environment.
- Pack suitable soft drinks, water, food, hand sanitiser, wipes and disposable bags.
- Your room is guaranteed to be ready at 4pm.
- When you arrive, the hotel gates may be pulled closed for your security. Please let yourself in and close them behind you after entry, or alternately call us on 01271 870 388 and someone will come out to open them for you (see + below). Your room is guaranteed to be ready at 4pm.
- To allow appropriate social distancing, we ask that only one member of your party visits the reception desk to complete the check in process. We appreciate your patience and consideration - with your help we can ensure the reception area does not become overcrowded; we will get you checked in and ready to go as quickly as possible. Please wear your face mask to check in and when moving around public spaces inside the hotel.
In your bedroom you will find a wristband for each your party; please ensure that these are worn throughout your stay in order to gain access through the hotel gates.
- Our reception team will be at the end of the phone to answer any questions you may have during your stay by dialling ‘0’ from your bedroom telephone.
- We kindly ask that, where possible, you refrain from visiting the reception.
+ Our gates will remain shut at this time, exclusively allowing access to guests who are staying at the hotel and self-catering Beach Retreats. This includes all of our lawns and tennis courts (please note, the pathway to the beach will be closed, so we may preserve our private status)
- Our delicious Devonshire breakfast along with à la carte dinner can still be enjoyed in Doyle's Restaurant, along with our stunning sea views
- Our Bay Brasserie offers delicious lunches, light bites, scrumptious sweet treats and more. Please click here to view the menu and to read about the steps we are taking to help you, and our team, feel comfortable.
- Please note we are unable to offer room service at this time.
Whilst seasonal ingredients may be limited, all of our food offerings will be fresh and to the same high-quality standards we are known for
A Continental breakfast can be enjoyed in the comfort of your accommodation
- Please note that we will adhere to all government guidelines; as such, groups of six or more will be asked to sit in separate parties. Please wear your reusable mask when entering Doyle's and Bay Brasserie, and only remove it once seated.
- As per government guidelines, our restaurants and bars will close at 10:00pm. The last table reservation time available each day is at 8:00pm. Some of the restaurants and eateries in the town close during autumn/winter, so if you intend to dine with us, we recommend booking as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. As a guest at the hotel we will absolutely prioritise your request.
- Please reserve your preferred dining time in advance, via email, by phoning The Bay Brasserie - 01271 872115 - or using the following link to request a table in Doyle's:
- The availability of our well-loved facilities may vary throughout the upcoming months as government advice is updated.
- We take the government's advice very seriously and ask that you do not socialise in groups larger than 6 people while dining, using the hotel facilities, or relaxing in the grounds and lounges. Social distancing measures should be adhered to in all instances.
- Our indoor pool is open, exclusively for guests staying in the hotel. To help with distancing measures, the pool has separate lanes for splashing and swimming. Please arrive poolside robed and ready to go - no changing or shower facilities are currently available in the spa. All hotel bedrooms have robes available. Please note: The Alchemist Spa Thermal Spa facilities (steam, sauna and spa bath) are not currently available.
- At this time our pitch and putt course will remain closed to allow our guests to enjoy more of our extensive grounds at a safe distance from one another.
- The Alchemist Spa is open and treatments can be booked; please call 01271 872102 to book.
Facilities and classes in SALT Gymnasia are available, you can view our latest tabetable here. Please note that all classes and gym time need to be booked in advance so we can keep numbers controlled.
- Whilst we hope to open Neo Cinema in due course, we cannot guarantee these facilities at present.
We have created beautiful spa rituals and journeys for you to enjoy within the comfort of your hotel bedroom, you can find out more and order here: Self-care Hampers.
- Our tennis courts will be bookable as usual.
- The greatest playground of all - Woolacombe Beach - is just a short stroll from your beachside home, and is fully open with lifeguards on patrol. Time to rediscover the natural joys of rockpooling, swimming, sandcastling and foraging for shells perhaps? We can also recommend some great wild swimming spots.
- We recommend that you bring your own tennis rackets, bikes, skateboards and kites - we have amazing trails and tracks and we hope to inspire you with routes of varying distances to walk, run and cycle and soak up our brilliant sea and country air.
- Our housekeeping team have always worked tirelessly to ensure the hotel cleanliness is maintained to the exceptional standards our guests have come to expect, and we are acutely aware of the increased importance of this during these times
- To help protect both yourselves and our housekeepers, you room will be serviced daily whilst you are at breakfast, our dedicated team will also be on hand to provide fresh towels and toiletries as often as required
- Our outstanding standards of cleanliness are firmly in place, with enhanced measures along with hand sanitising stations throughout key points of the hotel, along with complimentary bottles within your private space
- Our lounges and walkways will have a dedicated team cleaning all push plates, handles, rails, tables, chairs at all times throughout your stay
Getting ready to leave...
- Our reception team will prepare your final bill on the morning of your departure, this will be delivered to your bedroom.
- If you have an queries regarding your bill, or would like to request help with your luggage, please dial ‘0’ to contact reception.
- We kindly ask that just one member of your party visits the reception area to pay your bill and drop off your key. Or, if you prefer, you are welcome to dial '0' and make a secure payment over the phone, before returning your key to reception.
Please complete this at least 48 hours before your stay...