STAYING IN THE HOTEL
Finding our way back to happiness...
The Woolacombe Bay Hotel is open for guests with bookings
Creating a home by the sea where you can be at your happiest has always been our passion. Wonderful open spaces, coastal air, 'Vitamin Sea' and gorgeous bedrooms await.
We are acutely aware of the upheaval to our everyday lives that we have all experienced in some way, it is with that in mind we must all face some changes and make adjustments. Cleanliness, safety and comfort have always been at the heart of how we do things, but it's usually something we focus on seamlessly behind the scenes. We have adjusted to new ways so that our care is more visible than ever at The Bay, while ensuring you have the time and space to be at your happiest.
As hoteliers, it is in our nature to want to say “yes” at all times. However, at present, we cannot guarantee that all our facilities will be available when you stay with us at the hotel. The following information provides up-to-date guidance on what you can expect when you stay.
Quite possibly the best located tennis courts anywhere! Our tennis courts will be bookable as usual and exclusive to hotel guests. Please remember to bring your rackets.
Woolacombe Beach is just a short stroll from your beachside home, and is fully open with lifeguards on patrol. With three miles of soft sand and dunes, it's time to rediscover the natural joys of rockpooling, swimming, sandcastling and foraging for shells.
We can also recommend some fabulous wild swimming spots.
This summer, our perfectly-manicured grounds will be exclusively available to guests staying in the hotel. For the foreseeable, our gates will remain closed and our pitch & putt course will be unavailable; this will ensure that there is plenty of space.
With stunning beach views and rolling lawns, these are the perfect place for safe family fun and for watching the sun set.
Our delicious Devonshire breakfast along with à la carte dinner can still be enjoyed the 2AA Rosette Doyle's Restaurant, where you can enjoy stunning sea views. Tables will be spaced to allow for social distancing and breakfast sittings can be requested using your pre-stay request form.
Special dietary requirements can certainly be accommodated. We envisage that there could be some seasonal shortages in terms of ingredients, but our chefs are exceptionally creative (we don't expect you'll notice!)
Our delicious Devonshire breakfast can be enjoyed the 2AA Rosette Doyle's Restaurant, where you can enjoy stunning sea views. Alternatively, a continental breakfast can be enjoyed in the comfort of your accommodation. A small floor service charge of £4.50 applies.
Your breakfast preferences can be booked using your pre-stay request form.
The Bay Brasserie is now a take-away hub serving our delicious offering of lunches, light bites, scrumptious sweet treats and more to be enjoyed on the extensive seating provided throughout our grounds or in your accommodation.
Orders can be placed online or in person:
We have created a little private paradise. Access to the hotel, grounds and facilities is exclusive to hotel guests.
We regret to advise that we will be unable to offer our usual children’s entertainment programme this year due to social distancing measures, and Neo Cinema, SALT Gymnasia and the Alchemist Spa are currently closed, too. This also applies to the Bay Lido - we hope to be able to open this soon and are eagerly awaiting government guidance. Please feel assured: your safety is at the heart of every decision we make.
We recommend bringing your own bikes, skateboards and kites - we have amazing trails and tracks! We are preparing guides to help inspire you with routes of varying distances to walk, run and cycle. That said, the greatest playground of all - Woolacombe Beach - is just a short stroll from your beachside home, and you may find that the natural joys of rockpooling, swimming, sandcastling and foraging for shells occupy most of your time!
When you book a stay, we will keep you updated about any changes to the availbility of facilities. We are happy to help reschedule your stay, should you wish to.
The Road to Recovery
Your guide to staying with us
To help ensure a completely reassuring experience, we have created our own bespoke Woolacombe Bay Hotel roadmap to help you to understand the new measures we are taking. We want you to have confidence in our high standards of cleanliness, service and hospitality whilst you are with us. From booking your stay with us, to leaving home, travelling to Woolacombe, and departure, this is your guide.
This roadmap is a checklist of sorts, for both you and us - so you know all about the steps we are taking. It's not exhaustive, but it's a very good place to start if you are planning a stay or have one booked.
- You will be contacted by email one week before your stay to ask you to complete an online form, so that your arrival can be as smooth as possible and your stay as special as you'd expect.
- We will collect some information about how you will be travelling to the hotel; this includes:
- Make/model, colour and registration number of your vehicle
- Estimated time of arrival (we may need to stagger this at very busy times)
- We will also ask for some information about your preferred dining arrangements; this includes:
- Breakfast time and where you would like to dine (Doyle's or in-room)
- Dinner reservations
- Any special requests
- Our reservations team will call you the day before you arrive to ask you to provide information on your health and well-being, including those in your family travelling with you.
- We recommend that you find the best route possible for your journey to Woolacombe, one that allows you suitable comfort breaks with open spaces within a safe environment. Pack suitable soft drinks, water, food, hand sanitiser, wipes and disposable bags. Your room is guaranteed to be ready at 4pm.
- Our reception team will now be mobile and will welcome you from the hotel gates (see + below). Your room is guaranteed to be ready at 4pm.
- To allow appropriate social distancing, you will be shown straight to your room to get comfortable
- Once you are settled in, we will call you to complete the check-in process
- In your bedroom you will find a wristband for each your party; please ensure that these are worn throughout your stay in order to gain access through the hotel gates
- Our reception team will be at the end of the phone to answer any questions you may have during your stay by dialling ‘0’ from your bedroom telephone
- We kindly ask that, where possible, you refrain from visiting the reception
+ Our gates will remain shut at this time, exclusively allowing access to our hotel guests. This includes all of our lawns, lido and tennis courts (please note, the pathway to the beach will be closed, so we may preserve our private status)
- Our housekeeping team have always worked tirelessly to ensure the hotel cleanliness is maintained to the exceptional standards our guests have come to expect, and we are acutely aware of the increased importance of this during these times
- To help protect both yourselves and our housekeepers, you room will be serviced daily whilst you are at breakfast, our dedicated team will also be on hand to provide fresh towels and toiletries as often as required
- Our outstanding standards of cleanliness are firmly in place, with enhanced measures along with hand sanitising stations throughout key points of the hotel
- Our lounges and walkways will have a dedicated team cleaning all push plates, handles, rails, tables, chairs at all times throughout your stay
Getting ready to leave...
- Our reception team will prepare your final bill on the morning of your departure, this will be delivered to your bedroom.
- We will call you after breakfast to answer any queries with your bill and settle your account. Please advise in advance if you will be departing early.
- A secure card payment will be taken over the phone through our online payment system as done with your original hotel deposits, we will then email a card receipt to you (we cannot accept cash as payment at any point during your stay).
- We ask that you please leave the key in your hotel bedroom and phone our reception team as you are leaving, requesting help with luggage if necessary which, as always, we will be happy to provide for you.
Our lovely team are currently working from home; they are available to answer any questions you have by email: email@example.com. From 29th June we will also be available by phone - 01271 870388.
Please feel assured: we are dedicated to ensuring you have the time and space to be at your happiest. Helping you find these moments is, and always will be, at the heart of what we do. By taking care and remaining alert, we can all enjoy unforgettable breaks by the coast.