STAYING IN THE HOTEL
Finding our way back to happiness...
The Woolacombe Bay Hotel is open for guests with bookings
Creating a home by the sea where you can be at your happiest has always been our passion. Wonderful open spaces, coastal air, 'Vitamin Sea' and gorgeous bedrooms await.
We are acutely aware of the upheaval to our everyday lives that we have all experienced in some way, it is with that in mind we must all face some changes and make adjustments. Cleanliness, safety and comfort have always been at the heart of how we do things, but it's usually something we focus on seamlessly behind the scenes. We have adjusted to new ways so that our care is more visible than ever at The Bay, while ensuring you have the time and space to be at your happiest.
As hoteliers, it is in our nature to want to say “yes” at all times. However, at present, we cannot guarantee that all our facilities will be available when you stay with us at the hotel. The following information provides up-to-date guidance on what you can expect when you stay.
The Bay Lido is an exclusive sanctuary for guests staying in the hotel. Hidden behind windbreaking walls, it is perfect for swimmers and sun worshippers alike! Open for spacious swimming from 8am - 8pm, we ask that social distancing measures are respected at all times.
Woolacombe Beach is just a short stroll from your beachside home, and is fully open with lifeguards on patrol. With three miles of soft sand and dunes, it's time to rediscover the natural joys of rockpooling, swimming, sandcastling and foraging for shells.
We can also recommend some fabulous wild swimming spots.
Quite possibly the best located tennis courts anywhere! Our tennis courts can be booked as usual - £5 per court per hour. Please remember to bring your rackets.
Our indoor pool is open from 25th July, exclusively for guests staying in the hotel and SALT gym members. You are welcome to take a quiet relaxing dip or do some lengths to work off some holiday indulgence!
To help with distancing measures, the pool has separate lanes for splashing and swimming. Please arrive poolside robed and ready to go - no changing or shower facilities are currently available in the spa. All hotel bedrooms have robes available.
+ Please note: The Alchemist Spa Thermal Spa facilities (steam, sauna and spa bath) are not currently available.
Our empathetic approach has always been to keep your wellness and well-being front of mind. We have always held cleanliness and hygiene as sacred, but now more than ever, it's important that you can trust that we put your safety and that of our team above all else.
We have a lovely selection of spa experiences and treatments available to book:
Our expert therapists have filled some luxurious hampers with hand-picked treats meaning you can enjoy your very own self-care journey in the comfort of your hotel bedroom.
Each is designed to lead you through a self-care ritual... so why not take some time out, enjoy the stillness, and treat your skin and soul to a nurturing spa experience (maybe with a cup of tea, glass of something fizzy, and a slice of your favourite cake).
Once again, our boutique gymnasia - SALT - is open. Here you'll find a carefully curated selection of scientifically-proven equipment from both industry leaders and lesser-known trailblazers. Keiser, Versaclimber and Technogym all feature.
While we are managing numbers very carefully, all Climb classes and gym sessions must be booked by 7pm the day prior. Our SALT Squad is also available for Personal Training sessions.
Our SALT Squad are here to put you through your paces with a 45 minute alfresco workout - SALT Outdoors - a mix of cardio, strength and conditioning using our treasure chest of equipment including the battle ropes, kettle bells, power ball, TRX and much more.
We take a boutique approach to fitness, so sessions will be for 10 people, max. Please book by 7pm the day prior.
Our perfectly-manicured grounds are exclusively available to guests staying in the hotel and self-catering Beach Retreats. For the foreseeable, our gates will remain closed and our pitch & putt course will be unavailable; this will ensure that there is plenty of space.
With stunning beach views and rolling lawns, these are the perfect place for safe family fun and for watching the sun set.
Our delicious Devonshire breakfast along with à la carte dinner can still be enjoyed the 2AA Rosette Doyle's Restaurant, where you can enjoy stunning sea views. Tables will be spaced to allow for social distancing and breakfast sittings can be requested using your pre-stay request form.
Special dietary requirements can certainly be accommodated. We envisage that there could be some seasonal shortages in terms of ingredients, but our chefs are exceptionally creative (we don't expect you'll notice!)
Our delicious Devonshire breakfast can be enjoyed the 2AA Rosette Doyle's Restaurant, where you can enjoy stunning sea views. Time slots must be booked in advance due to limited availability in accordance with safe social distancing measures. We have also have a continental breakfast box option which can be delivered to your hotel bedroom, please ask us for further details.
The Bay Brasserie is serving delicious lunches, light bites, scrumptious sweet treats and more to be enjoyed in the beautiful surrounding areas, in your accommodation, or in the brasserie. Please click below to view the menu and to read about the steps we are taking to help you, and our team, feel comfortable.
Booking is strongly recommended.
We have created a little private paradise. Access to the hotel, grounds and facilities is exclusive to hotel guests.
We regret to advise that Neo Cinema and the Thermal Spa facilities (pool bath, sauna, steam) are currently closed; we hope to be able to open these soon. Please feel assured: we take the government's advice very seriously and your safety is at the heart of every decision we make. With this in mind, we ask that you do not socialise in groups larger than 6 people and that social distancing is adhered to at all times.
We recommend bringing your own bikes, skateboards and kites - we have amazing trails and tracks! We are preparing guides to help inspire you with routes of varying distances to walk, run and cycle. That said, the greatest playground of all - Woolacombe Beach - is just a short stroll from your beachside home, and you may find that the natural joys of rockpooling, swimming, sandcastling and foraging for shells occupy most of your time!
When you book a stay, we will keep you updated about any changes to the availbility of facilities. We are happy to help reschedule your stay, should you wish to.
The Road to Recovery
Your guide to staying with us
To help ensure a completely reassuring experience, we have created our own bespoke Woolacombe Bay Hotel roadmap to help you to understand the new measures we are taking. We want you to have confidence in our high standards of cleanliness, service and hospitality whilst you are with us. From booking your stay with us, to leaving home, travelling to Woolacombe, and departure, this is your guide.
This roadmap is a checklist of sorts, for both you and us - so you know all about the steps we are taking. It's not exhaustive, but it's a very good place to start if you are planning a stay or have one booked.
- You will be contacted by email one week before your stay to ask you to complete an online form, so that your arrival can be as smooth as possible and your stay as special as you'd expect.
- We will collect some information about how you will be travelling to the hotel; this includes:
- Make/model, colour and registration number of your vehicle
- Estimated time of arrival (we may need to stagger this at very busy times)
- We will also ask for some information about your preferred dining arrangements; this includes:
- Breakfast time and where you would like to dine (Doyle's or in-room)
- Dinner reservations
- Any special requests
- We recommend that you find the best route possible for your journey to Woolacombe, one that allows you suitable comfort breaks with open spaces within a safe environment. Pack suitable soft drinks, water, food, hand sanitiser, wipes and disposable bags. Your room is guaranteed to be ready at 4pm.
- We are all getting used to wearing face masks in enclosed spaces; we ask that you pack your favourite re-usable face mask to be worn in public spaces such as corridors and lounges, and when moving around the hotel.
- A member of our friendly arrivals team will welcome you from the hotel gates (see + below). Your room is guaranteed to be ready at 4pm.
- To allow appropriate social distancing, we ask that only one member of your party visits the reception desk to complete the check in process. We appreciate your patience and consideration - with your help we can ensure the reception area does not become overcrowded; we will get you checked in and ready to go as quickly as possible. Please wear your face mask when checking in and moving around any public spaces in the hotel.
- In your bedroom you will find a wristband for each your party; please ensure that these are worn throughout your stay in order to gain access through the hotel gates.
- Our reception team will be at the end of the phone to answer any questions you may have during your stay by dialling ‘0’ from your bedroom telephone.
- We kindly ask that, where possible, you refrain from visiting the reception, or send a single member of your party if required.
+ Our gates will remain shut at this time, exclusively allowing access to guests staying in the hotel and the self-catering Beach Retreats. This includes all of our lawns, lido and tennis courts (please note, the pathway to the beach will be closed, so we may preserve our private status).
- Our housekeeping team have always worked tirelessly to ensure the hotel cleanliness is maintained to the exceptional standards our guests have come to expect, and we are acutely aware of the increased importance of this during these times
- To help protect both yourselves and our housekeepers, you room will be serviced daily whilst you are at breakfast, our dedicated team will also be on hand to provide fresh towels and toiletries as often as required
- Our outstanding standards of cleanliness are firmly in place, with enhanced measures along with hand sanitising stations throughout key points of the hotel
- Our lounges and walkways will have a dedicated team cleaning all push plates, handles, rails, tables, chairs at all times throughout your stay
Getting ready to leave...
- Our reception team will prepare your final bill on the morning of your departure, this will be delivered to your bedroom.
- If you have an queries regarding your bill, or would like to request help with your luggage, please dial ‘0’ to contact reception.
- We kindly ask that just one member of your party visits the reception area to pay your bill and drop off your key. Or, if you prefer, you are welcome to dial '0' and make a secure payment over the phone, before returning your key to reception.
Our lovely team are available to answer any questions you have by email: email@example.com or phone: 01271 870388.
Please feel assured: we are dedicated to ensuring you have the time and space to be at your happiest. Helping you find these moments is, and always will be, at the heart of what we do. By taking care and remaining alert, we can all enjoy unforgettable breaks by the coast.