STAYING IN THE BEACH RETREATS
Finding our way back to happiness...
The Beach Retreats are open
Creating a home by the sea where you can be at your happiest has always been our passion. Wonderful wide open spaces, coastal air, 'Vitamin Sea' and private beachside homes await.
We are acutely aware of the upheaval to our everyday lives that we have all experienced in some way, it is with that in mind we must all face some changes and make adjustments. Cleanliness, safety and comfort have always been at the heart of how we do things, but it's usually something we focus on seamlessly behind the scenes. We have adjusted to new ways so that our care is more visible than ever at The Bay, while ensuring you have the time and space to be at your happiest.
As hoteliers, it is in our nature to want to say “yes” at all times. However, at present, things are going to be a little different when you stay with us at the self-catering Beach Retreats. The following information provides up-to-date guidance on what you can expect.
Woolacombe Beach is just a short stroll from your beachside home, and is fully open with lifeguards on patrol. With three miles of soft sand and dunes, it's time to rediscover the natural joys of rockpooling, swimming, sandcastling and foraging for shells.
We can also recommend some fabulous wild swimming spots.
Our Bay Brasserie is currently a fantastic take-away hub serving our delicious offering of lunches, light bites, scrumptious sweet treats and more to be enjoyed in the beautiful surrounding areas or in your accommodation.
Order online or in-person:
To allow us to re-open both our self-catering homes and hotel safely, our Beach Retreat homes will be on an accommodation-only basis. Unfortunately access to the hotel, grounds and facilities is not included.
We regret to advise that we will be unable to offer our usual children’s entertainment programme this year due to social distancing measures, and Neo Cinema, SALT Gymnasia and the Alchemist Spa are currently closed. This also applies to the Mini Lido at the Beach Retreats - we hope to be able to open this soon and are eagerly awaiting government guidance. Please feel assured: your safety is at the heart of every decision we make.
We recommend bringing your own bikes, skateboards and kites - we have amazing trails and tracks! We are preparing guides to help inspire you with routes of varying distances to walk, run and cycle. That said, the greatest playground of all - Woolacombe Beach - is just a short stroll from your beachside home, and you may find that the natural joys of rockpooling, swimming, sandcastling and foraging for shells occupy most of your time!
When you book a stay, we will keep you updated about any changes to the availbility of facilities. We are happy to help reschedule your stay, should you wish to.
The Road to Recovery
Your guide to staying with us
To help ensure a completely reassuring experience, we have created our own bespoke Woolacombe Bay Hotel roadmap to help you to understand the new measures we are taking. We want you to have confidence in our high standards of cleanliness, service and hospitality whilst you are with us. From booking your stay with us, to leaving home, travelling to Woolacombe, and departure, this is your guide.
This roadmap is a checklist of sorts, for both you and us - so you know all about the steps we are taking. It's not exhaustive, but it's a very good place to start if you are planning a stay or have one booked.
- We will contact you by email one week before your stay to ask you to complete some details, so that your arrival can be as smooth as possible and your stay as special as you'd expect. We would specifically like to collect some information about how you will be travelling to the hotel; this includes:
- Make/model, colour and registration number of your vehicle
- Estimated time of arrival (we may need to stagger this at very busy times)
- To allow for extensive cleaning between stays, your accommodation will be ready no earlier than 4pm. We kindly ask that you do not plan to arrive earlier than this time.
- Our reservations team will call you the day before you arrive to ask you to provide information on your health and well-being, including those in your family travelling with you.
- We recommend that you find the best route possible for your journey to Woolacombe, one that allows you suitable comfort breaks with open spaces within a safe environment. Pack suitable soft drinks, water, food, hand sanitiser, wipes and disposable bags.
- Our reception team will be mobile; they will welcome you from the hotel gates (see + below). To allow appropriate social distancing, you will be directed straight to your accommodation, where you will find your sanitised key inside. Don't worry if it is your first time staying with us, a member of our mobile reception team will show you where to go!
- Our reception team will be at the end of the phone to answer any questions you may have during your stay; please call 01271 870388. We kindly ask that, where possible, you refrain from visiting the reception.
+ Our gates will remain closed at this time, exclusively allowing access to our hotel guests. This includes all of our lawns, lido and tennis courts (please note, the pathway to the beach will be closed, so we may preserve our private status)
- Please leave your key in your accommodation and depart by 9am.
- Please call our helpful team on 01271 870 388 to confirm when you have left, and advise where you have left your key.
Our lovely team are currently working from home; they are available to answer any questions you have by email: email@example.com. From 29th June we will also be available by phone - 01271 870388.
Please feel assured: we are dedicated to ensuring you have the time and space to be at your happiest. Helping you find these moments is, and always will be, at the heart of what we do. By taking care and remaining alert, we can all enjoy unforgettable breaks by the coast.