Happy days make happy stays!
Job title: Hotel Porter
Salary: National Living Wage plus tips and 'Loyalty Perks'
Job type: Full-time
Hours: Shift patterns are a mixture of 8am-4pm & 4pm-12am, includes some evenings & weekends
Posted date: 1st August 2021
No two days are the same...
Sometimes guests will ask for exactly what they need - a hand with their luggage, some fresh milk in their bedroom, a perfectly-chilled bottle of Champagne in their suite... and as a Hotel Porter you'll be the smiley face that helps with all these things, but the 'sweet spot' will be in spotting opportunities to help without being asked. Yes, 'Mr Jones' could carry the family's bags out to the car, but he's already made it down one flight of stairs and there's still one to go, so a helping hand, a friendly smile, and some lighthearted chatter will definitely take the weight off and help to make his stay even more special! You will become an expert at spotting these opportunities to delight.
Join our WBH Family as a Hotel Porter and every day will be different. You'll become a familiar face around the hotel, and guests will recognise you as somebody they can rely on. You'll get to know the hotel like the back of your hand, and you'll work closely with our lovely housekeeping and reception teams - together, you'll make magic happen!
If you are looking for a role with:
- High job satisfaction
- The scope to make it your own
- Great opportunities to progress
- A friendly and supportive team
...then becoming a Hotel Porter could be the perfect role for you.
Get stuck in!
- Help with all manner of tasks including fetching and carrying, trouble-shooting and answering questions
- Go above and beyond guest expectations - actively spotting opportunities to help and delight.
- Keep public areas clean, assisting housekeeping as required.
- Lend a sympathetic ear if there are any complaints, helping to resolve them or escalating them to the appropriate manager.
- Complete daily tasks quickly and efficiently, in a timely way.
- Manage your daily tasks, being sure to prioritise and organise your day, keeping guests at the heart of things.
- Be a smiley face with a 'nothing is too much trouble' attitude!
- Enthusiastic with a positive, professional & cheerful attitude
- Good to be around - you take pride in what you do, you enjoy working in hospitality this and it shows
- Curious about people and their needs, and have the confidence to deliver
- Committed to providing excellent standards of customer service & strive to exceed customer expectations
- Self-motivated & proactive
- Punctual at all times
- Happy to work well with others throughout the hotel, to get the job done
- Calm and composed and keen to reflect our style and image
This role will put you right at the heart of the hotel so you'll experience what great 4* hospitality looks like.
Previous experience is not required, we'll help you learn as you go.
to join the WBH Family...
Please complete the form below, and we will be in touch within five working days to discuss your application.