We take reducing the impact on the environment very seriously and take strong measures to ensure the products and services we deliver are as environmentally friendly as possible. Currently:
• We have a weekly rota with a local recycling company to prevent recyclable materials going into the open environment.
• We use local suppliers and growers as much as possible for our raw materials & ingredients, including butchers, fishmongers, fruit & vegetables.
• We plan our menus and buying based on British produce, with very little imported from continental suppliers and our menus are designed to keep the food waste to an absolute minimum.
• We thoroughly embrace fair-trade with regards to our exotic fruit, coffee, sugar etc. and strongly commit to not using ANY endangered species of fish, game etc.
• We have structures and routines in place to minimise the use of water within the hotel, be that within the kitchen areas or in guest bedrooms. To prevent unnecessary towel washing, please pop your towels back on the rack if you are happy to use them again.
• We support many local charity and church events within the Woolacombe/Mortehoe/Lee area, and we give generously to support our RNLI service.
• We offer Natural Spa Factory Products in our bedrooms and spa. The products contain naturally harvested ingredients free from MI, MCI, SLS, parabens and microbeads - protecting the environment and protecting our skin. To reduce packaging and wastage, we use dispensers in our guest bedrooms.